North Brook Baptist Church was founded in 1912 and organized in 1913 by William (Bill) Lackey, Jr. The first Sunday School was organized in March 1914 with J.B. Farmer as the first Superintendent. North Brook was a mission minded church from the very beginning. It opened its first missions giving fund in 1919 with a $0.25 donation.
Over the years, the church has been added onto several times. The new building was constructed in 1984. Since then more enhancements have been made, which include a lighted marquee, church chimes, audiovisual equipment, and a new fellowship hall.
Today, North Brook Baptist Church continues with its heart for missions. They are involved in many local projects, which include food drives for Christian Ministries; a portion of the church’s budget being contributed to the Christian Ministries; creation of a clothes closet here at church; supplies for snack packs for kids at the local elementary school; offering to the Annie Armstrong Easter Fund, which supports North American missionaries; contributions to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, which supports international missionaries; gifts to the Baptist Children’s Home; Christmas gifts for the Appalachian Mountain Ministry; and sending members on U.S. and global mission trips.
North Brook Baptist Church gives all the Glory to God for all He has done – we look forward as we continue, “Sharing the Good News.” Come and be a part of what God is doing here at North Brook! There’s a place for everyone.